With the imminent arrival of Jose Mourinho, it seems inevitable that some Manchester United players know their time is up at the club.
While the likes of Victor Valdes are sure of leaving, the likes of Marcus Rashford will have to wait to know what the future holds for them given Mourinho’s poor track record of working with youngsters.
1. Marcos Rojo: One player who has totally failed to convince in Manchester United is Marcos Rojo who was one of Louis Van Gaal’s poorest signings.
Though the Argentine has always been in superb form for his national team, Rojo could find his place threatened when Luke Shaw returns from injury and Mourinho signs a center back.
2. Ashley Young: Young has been bidding at Old Trafford for some time. Van Gaal made him a laughing stock by failing to play him on his preferred role on the wing as an attacker, instead he was used as a left back, right back, center forward and wing back.
A move to a modest English club like Everton, West Ham or Southampton could be on the cards.
3. Micheal Carrick: His contract is expiring so it makes sense that he leaves. The club is looking to extend his contract but he is stalling on signing given he has been told his playing time will be reduced.
Mourinho loves energetic midfielders but Carrick acts more with his brains than his brawns.
4. Juan Mata: Well cos he did it before. Mata is not noted for his defensive work rate which Mourinho highly favours hence a move back to Spain could be on the cards.
Before Van Gaal’s exit, Mata was a transfer target for Atletico Madrid but the club signed another similar player Nico Gaitan who is left footed and an attacking midfielder also.
5. Victor Valdes: A sure guarantee to leave the club with his contract expiring in the summer.
Valdes will have plenty of suitors despite his fall from grace as Barcelona’s number one to Standard Liege’s number two.
Go To Original Post Five players Jose Mourinho could force out of Manchester United (Photos) appeared first on GL Trends.